- Product Dimensions: 2.4 x 0.4 x 4.5 inches ; 4.2 ounces
- Shipping Weight: 1.3 pounds (View shipping rates and policies)
- Shipping: Currently, item can be shipped only within the U.S.
- ASIN: B00607JBNO
- Item model number: Exhibit II
List Price :
Price : $199.57
You Save : $50.42 (20%)
Amazon.com Item Description
Budget-friendly and function-wealthy, the Android-powered Samsung Exhibit II 4G keeps you connected to everything you appreciate--rapid. And with prepaid and postpaid calling plans from T-Mobile's No Annual Contract, you'll be in a position to pay the way you want with no getting tied down to a monthly contract (understand a lot more about prepaid services beneath).
Samsung Exhibit II 4GAt a Glance:
- T-Mobile Spend As You Go
- 3G/4G connectivity
- Android 2.three OS
- 1 GHz processor
- 3.7-inch touchscreen
- 4 GB memory
- 3-MP rear camera + VGA front camera
- GPS navigation
- Wireless-N Wi-Fi
- Stereo Bluetooth three.
- Private/corporate e-mail
Combining a 1 GHz processor and T-Mobile's blazing rapid 4G network, the Exhibit II supplies seamless viewing of reside and on-demand channels from preloaded T-Mobile Tv--such as free of charge programming from choose stations like ABC News Now, FOX Sports, PBS Children and Azteca America.
This telephone is specifically developed for T-Mobile's 4G HSPA+ mobile broadband network, which at the moment covers more than 200 million people across the U.S. (read additional about HSPA+ below). The Exhibit II 4G also provides Wireless-N Wi-Fi networking as nicely as the capacity to share its 3G/4G World-wide-web connection with other laptops and other Wi-Fi enabled devices.
Capture on-the-go photographs and videos with the 3-megapixel camera (with DVD-excellent video capture). Moreover, the Exhibit II is outfitted with a front-facing VGA camera for composing self portraits for social networks as nicely as video chats more than 4G or Wi-Fi.
Other capabilities include a 3.7-inch multi-touch display, Bluetooth 3. connectivity for hands-cost-free devices and stereo music streaming, microSD memory expansion to 32 GB, access to personal/corporate e-mail, music player, full HTML internet browser with help for Flash, and up to five.5 hours of speak time.
Samsung's Media Hub enables you to rent or acquire films and Tv shows inside seconds watch from the comfort of anyplace. With Media Hub's progressive downloading function, you can commence watching your content material pretty much promptly as the rest of the file downloads to the Exhibit II. Plus, all Media Hub content material can be shared among 5 Media Hub-enabled devices on the identical account.
The pre-loaded T-Mobile Television app presents access to reside and on-demand mobile HDTV on T-Mobile's 4G network, such as zero cost programming from select stations like ABC News NOW, FOX Sports, PBS Children, and Azteca America. You can upgrade T-Mobile Television to a assortment of premium packages, which includes Prime (with ESPN Mobile Tv, Disney Channel, CNBC, and alot more), En Español, Life Style, and Crackle Movies.
Very important Statistics
The Samsung Exhibit II 4G weighs 4.1 ounces and measures 4.54 x two.35 x .45 inches. Its 1500 mAh lithium-ion battery is rated at up to five.5 hours of speak time, and up to 360 hours (15 days) of standby time. It runs on the 850/900/1800/1900 MHz GSM/GPRS/EDGE frequencies, as nicely as T-Mobile's 3G/4G network (1700/2100 MHz UMTS/HSDPA/HSPA+).What is in the Box
Samsung Exhibit II 4G handset, rechargeable battery, charger, USB cable, fast begin guide
T-Mobile Pay As You Go Prepaid Service
T-Mobile prepaid plans give you wireless access with less commitment, so you can spend--and speak--as you go. With no annual contract, no credit check, and no monthly bill, prepaid plans are a straight forward, direct way to go mobile. There are many methods to conveniently refill your T-Mobile Prepaid Plan so that you can remain continually connected with the persons who matter most, which includes employing web2go directly from your phone, through the T-Mobile Internet web-site, or applying refill cards attainable at over 90,000 locations nationwide.
With Spend As You Go, you get wireless service exactly how you like it--there is no lengthy-term contract, no credit checks, and no surprises. Add $100 in refills with Spend As You Go and you'll become a Gold Rewards client, which gets you 15 percent alot more minutes on all refills and your minutes will not expire for a year just after the time you refill.
T-Mobile's Super-Rapidly 4G Mobile Broadband Network
As of October, 2011, T-Mobile's 4G (HSPA+ 21) network is out there in more than 190 big metropolitan places across the U.S.--covering 200 million persons across the country. Network upgrades will continue rolling out via 2012.
With typical download speeds that are on par with or quicker than competing 4G technologies, T-Mobile's HSPA+ network provides fast information speeds, though allowing simultaneous voice and information capabilities for the ultimate wireless voice and data expertise. You'll get pleasure from faster Internet browsing, uninterrupted video streaming, and quicker app downloads.
T-Mobile's 4G mobile broadband network (powered by HSPA+) delivers a theoretical capability of up to 21 Mbps peak download speeds, with common download speeds ordinarily in the five to 8 Mbps range.
T-Mobile Wi-Fi Calling Service
Effortlessly transition amongst Wi-Fi calling and T-Mobile's wireless network when you speak with T-Mobile's innovative Wi-Fi Calling technology. Wi-Fi Calling is a cost-free feature for this phone, and minutes used though connected to the Wi-Fi network count against offered rate program minutes.
Powered by Kineto's Intelligent Wi-Fi Application, T-Mobile's Wi-Fi Calling for Android smartphones is ready to use out-of-the-box, offering the potential to make voice calls and send SMS from accessible Wi-Fi (802.11 b/g/n) access points across the globe in addition to the connectivity attainable by way of T-Mobile's mobile network. The application also consists of a tutorial for 1st-time users.
Android Gingerbread Operating Method
The Samsung Exhibit II runs the Android two.three operating method (dubbed Gingerbread)--the fastest version of Android on the market for smartphones but. It characteristics a cleaner, alot more refined interface with new icons, improved best notification bar, and far more intuitive navigation.
Multitasking in Gingerbread allows you the potential to run way more than one app at a time. If you're playing a game, you can conveniently switch to an incoming e-mail and then switch back to the game with no losing your place. And like the earlier version of Android ("Froyo"), Gingerbread supplies help for Adobe Flash Player ten.1 for access to the full Net.
The onscreen keyboard tends to make it much easier to type thanks to further spacing amongst the keys and larger font sizes. And the a great deal more you use the keyboard, the simpler typing will be as the enhanced recommend feature records earlier input history to make much better suggestions.
The Exhibit II also brings one particular-touch access to the well-liked Google mobile services you use every single day. It also gives quick access to both individual and corporate e-mail, calendars, and contacts supported by Exchange Server and Gmail. And via Android Marketplace, you'll get access to thousands of helpful applications, widgets, and enjoyable games to download and install on your phone, with many much more apps becoming added every single day.
- Android Industry for browsing and downloading thousands of cost-free and paid apps
- Pre-loaded Android apps: Browser, Calculator, Calendar (Google or Corporate), Camera, Clock, Contacts, E mail, Gallery, Messaging, Music, News Weather, Phone, Settings, Video Player, Voice Dialer, Voice Search, YouTube
- Google applications: Gmail, Google Search, Google Voice Search, Google Latitude, Google Maps, Google Locations, Google Speak
- Google Maps Navigation with spoken turn-by-turn directions showing true-time site visitors and 360° views of the destination
- Blazing rapid 4G speeds on T-Mobile's HSPA+ network (compatible with 3G networks where 4G is unavailable).
- Wireless-N Wi-Fi networking (802.11b/g/n) for accessing house and corporate networks as nicely as hotspots though on the go.
- Wi-Fi Calling enables you to send and receive calls and messages more than any Wi-Fi network, whether or not at household or on the road with Wi-Fi and Mobile Calling--even in areas that have small or no network coverage.
- Wi-Fi Sharing capabilities enables you to use your phone's 3G/4G mobile broadband to connect laptops and other Wi-Fi enabled devices to the Web (up to 8 devices).
- Next-generation Bluetooth three. connectivity backward compatible with older Bluetooth-enabled peripherals and consists of stereo audio streaming.
- Onboard GPS for navigation and place services
- Complete HTML Web Browser with Flash ten.1 Support
- Complete messaging capabilities including SMS text, MMS picture/video, and IM instant messaging
- Personal and corporate e-mail access with assistance for Exchange ActiveSync as well as private e-mail accounts (Google push, Yahoo!, POP3, IMAP).
Alot more Attributes
- Speaker phone
- M3/T3 hearing aid compatibility rating
Style and Hardware
- Single-core 1. GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon processor speeds up every little thing--from playing games to watching shows to opening files from perform.
- three.7-inch LCD multi-touch screen (800 x 480 pixels) with accelerometer plus proximity and ambient light sensors.
- Onscreen keyboard
- 3.5mm headphone jack
- USB two. port
- four GB internal memory
- Memory expansion via microSD memory cards with help for optional cards up to 32 GB.
- 512 MB of RAM
- 3-megapixel auto-concentrate camera with 3x digital zoom, face detection, and LED flash.
- Video capture capabilities (720 x 480 30 fps)
- Front-facing camera (VGA).
- Music player compatible with MP3, WMA, and AAC/AAC+.
- Video player compatible with MPEG4, H.264, H.263.
- T-Mobile Television lets you watch reside and on-demand Tv cost-free access to ABC News NOW, FOX Sports, PBS Children, and Azteca America channels.
Also Out there for This Android Device
Amazon Appstore for AndroidGet a superb paid app for absolutely free each and every day.
KindleBuy a book once and read it everywhere with our cost-free Kindle Reading App for Android.
Amazon MP3Shop 15 million songs and stream your Cloud Drive music directly from your Android device.
IMDBFind neighborhood movie showtimes and Television listings, watch trailers, and search the world's biggest source of entertainment data.
AudibleDownload audiobooks directly to your Android device, then listen wherever you go, get audiobook news, earn badges, and alot more.
Amazon MobileShop for millions of items, get item details, and read reviews--appropriate from your mobile device.
Samsung Dart Prepaid Android Telephone (T-Mobile)
Wooow! I need to have to catch my breath...
Let me begin by saying I am an economist. Logos do not impress me. Terrific value/efficiency ratios impress me. While I have to admit, the Exhibit II is a pretty fabulous telephone in real life do not let the photographs scare you.
This powerful however humble device has the very same memory (512MB RAM) and CPU speed (1GHz) as the iPhone four. And, dare I say, it truly makes telephone calls. It even has a larger screen than the most up-to-date $700+ iPhone 4S. Still with me?
Why I bought this phone (with a new prepaid plan):
1. Freedom: With T-Mobile's prepaid plans, you can start out or cease your service anytime with no any fines. You can switch carriers, sell your phone, and walk away with no even saying goodbye.
2. Screen: The 3.7" screen is larger than the 1 on the iPhone 4S. The 800x480 resolution makes for a somewhat high pixel density (252 ppi) and looks wonderful.
three. Android has developed into a rather solid OS. With over 400,000 apps to decide on from, I'm overwhelmed.
four. Price tag: Why spend $500 to $800 on a flagship phone when you can get 90% of the utility/functionality for $200? At $200, if my phone is destroyed, lost, or stolen, it is not the finish of the globe.
5. Program: The phone is shipped with a prepaid SIM card, so there is no will need to order the $7.00 SIM card from T-Mobile. For $30/month you get 5GB of "4G" data, unlimited texts, and 100 minutes of talk. If you setup a Google Voice and get either the GrooveIP app ($five.00) or the Google Voice Callback app (totally free), you will be in a position to make unlimited domestic calls for absolutely free, over the internet. It functions quite nicely and even makes it possible for you to make substantially more affordable international calls than you would by way of your carrier. Just make sure to set it up correctly, so you don't accidentally use up all your minutes. Edit: Groove IP/Google Voice is only reliable with a Wi-Fi connection so it may not be a viable option to typical voice calls in all conditions.
6. ROI: The return on investment is phenomenal. This phone actually represents a breakthrough in data and communications technology. For the 1st time in history, with a device that fees $200 and service that costs $1 a day, you can have a three.7" window to the globe that goes with you, guides you, informs you, entertains you, wakes you, and connects you to everybody and every little thing that matters in your life. The list of gadgets that this telephone makes obsolete would go on for pages, but let me just say that if you don't have a smartphone however, get this phone and do not appear back.
I was lastly released right after serving a 2-year sentence, I mean, a....contract. I am cost-free!
EDIT: (immediately after 1 week with the phone)
Efficiency (such as call good quality) is remarkable even though battery life falls brief of miraculous. With a great deal more moderate use and battery saving apps, you could without difficulty go an complete day devoid of needing to recharge. The 3Mp camera on the phone does not very replace my old DSLR, but it operates flawlessly for bar-code scanning, jpg-to-pdf scanning, and other "utilitarian" applications. By the way, the maximum video capture resolution is 640x480, not 720x480.
EDIT 2: (after 4 weeks with the phone)
My Exhibit II is nonetheless going powerful and looks brand new, even after dropping it a couple of times. I've gotten applied to working with Samsung's "swype" keyboard which is the only technology I've seen that absolutely makes touchscreen typing viable beyond a couple of words. I am not surprised that the phone is out of stock at each Amazon and Walmart.com. If you're preparing to get this phone, superior luck getting it in stock! On eBay, the going rate for this telephone is $250. Get it on Amazon, if you can.
EDIT three: (Immediately after 40 days with the telephone)
The phone still functions perfectly and looks awesome. Even now, it is without difficulty the perfect smartphone under $300 and, at $189, has the top cost-efficiency of any phone at the moment on the market.
EDIT four: (After 10 weeks with the phone)
We have had lots of fruitful discussions in the 100+ comments that have been posted since I initially wrote my review 10 weeks ago. If you own this telephone, I strongly advocate reading the comments posted by Franquis, Yogi Bear, and others who have become de facto professionals on this device. They have surpassed my information of the phone and I have learned from their insights. It appears numerous of us have been getting difficulties with the Groove IP app and numerous options have been suggested, such as Skype.
I have dropped the telephone so several times and I lastly managed to crack the screen but it functions perfectly nonetheless. The Exhibit II is a absolutely outstanding device (at any cost) and I continue to be amazed by its capabilities.
I have been researching pre paid phones and plans for a even though now and this phone with the pre paid plans T-mobile has is a wonderful deal. The phone is seriously nice for a $200 buyout telephone. It has outstanding sound top quality (both earpiece and speakerphone). I am coming from the original Droid on Verizon. The camera on the phone is extremely decent. Definitely as really good as the 5mp on the Droid and quicker also. I like T mobiles wi-fi calling from property..it permits me to run on my own wifi system if T-Mobiles signal is weak indoors. Video chat working with Gtalk functions highly well. The phone comes with Kies Air for wireless transfers from your laptop and Yelp (for getting all those nice places to do company with). The GPS technique operates incredibly nicely and the net is super quickly on T-Mobiles terrific 4G (and I get it just about everywhere even in areas my friends do NOT get Wimax on Sprint. The phone is rather light and smaller in size than the Droid (but with same screen size). It has a textured back for much better grip. The battery lasts all day with moderate use (remember not to load the telephone with tons of apps and widgets). My chargers for the Droid perform with this phone (such as the vehicle charger). The screen is rather quick to see and the colours are excellent. It comes with Gingerbread 2.3.five and the scrolling is extremely smooth. It is a way a lot more pleasant phone to use than the Droid is. It really is not flashy, but it operates quite nicely.
Cons: Lots of bloatware (not removable with no rooting), ATT may consume T-Mobile potentially ruining a really good factor, I wish it had a 4" screen...perhaps version three will have that.