- Product Dimensions: 4.4 x 2.3 x 0.5 inches ; 3.8 ounces
- Shipping Weight: 14.4 ounces (View shipping rates and policies)
- Shipping: This item is also available for shipping to select countries outside the U.S.
- ASIN: B004Z7HYUI
- Item model number: Prevail
List Price :
Price : $137.59
Amazon.com Item Description
Combining the power of the Android OS and Increase Mobile's no-contract cellular service, the Samsung Galaxy Prevail smartphone is designed to produce an uncompromised Android knowledge although sustaining the amazing value of Boost's $55 Android Monthly Unlimited plan with no hidden fees and no contracts necessary. And you will save revenue the longer you stick with Enhance Mobile, with your monthly payments lowered by $five for each six on-time payments.
The Prevail's three.2-inch capacitive touchscreen display has wonderful color and rich contrast. When you stroke your finger across it, you will discover a fluid, responsive really feel for navigating among screens. And you'll be in a position to capture spontaneous pictures and videos on the go with the two-megapixel camera/camcorder.
Other functions incorporate Bluetooth for hands-totally free devices and stereo music streaming, microSD memory expansion to 32 GB (with 2 GB card included), music player, full HTML browser, access to both individual and corporate e-mail, and up to 6.5 hours of speak time (see full specifications beneath).
Android 2.2 Operating System
It runs the most up-to-date Android operating method--OS two.two (aka, Froyo)--which provides a faster general Android expertise as nicely as greater multitasking capabilities. Google Maps provides you turn-by-turn GPS directions. You'll get a Gmail email account. Google Search lets you type or speak your query. With Google Contacts, all your friends' info is synced to your phone.
You will be able to receive notifications, listen to music, and even record GPS information without keeping the application open. And it provides a plethora of characteristics, including an improved QWERTY keyboard, complete push corporate e-mail, and Adobe Flash Player 10.1 for access to the full Net.
The Samsung Galaxy Prevail weighs 3.8 ounces and measures 4.43 x 2.26 x .47 inches. Its 1500 mAh lithium-ion battery is rated at up to 6.five hours of talk time. It runs on Sprint's 800/1900 CDMA/EV-DO Rev. A frequencies.
What's in the Box
Samsung Galaxy Prevail handset, rechargeable battery, charger, two GB microSD card, rapid start out guide
About Increase Mobile
Enhance Mobile redefines value for wireless shoppers with its Monthly Unlimited with Shrinkage no-contract service exactly where the longer you stay the much less you spend with on-time payments for unlimited voice, text messaging, net, e-mail, IM and calls to 411. It delivers nationwide service on the Nationwide Sprint Network and Nextel National Network, reaching far more than 278 million persons, with no activation or long-distance fees.
$55 Android Monthly Unlimited for unlimited nationwide talk, text, internet, e-mail, and 411 with no contracts on an Android powered device. Contains access to Android Industry. Voicemail, lengthy distance and call waiting included. And you'll lower your monthly payment the longer you stay with Shrinkage.
$two Everyday Unlimited offers all the value of Monthly Unlimited and nationwide coverage at a low daily rate. The $two subscription charge is automatically deducted from your Boost account every day immediately after midnight, regardless of usage, unless the you cancel the subscription. Recharge at least when just about every 90 days to keep your account active (soon after 90 days any credit balance will expire).
International Connect gives unlimited international speak and text with household and friends about the planet. It can be added to Monthly Unlimited and Android Monthly Unlimited plans for an additional $5 per month, and added to the BlackBerry Monthly Unlimited strategy for $ten per month.
All Monthly Unlimited plans incorporate Shrinkage and unlimited nationwide talk, text, net, e-mail, and 411. Shrinkage reduces your payment by $5/month for every single six on-time payments, up to $15/month in total. Monthly Unlimited shrinks to as low as $35/month, Android Monthly Unlimited to as low as $40/month, or $45/month for BlackBerry Monthly Unlimited.
On-time payments are created on or just before the monthly payment date. Your monthly payment date remains the identical every single month as extended as you successfully make your monthly payment. On the other hand, if you make a late payment, your payment date will be reset to the day of the month before the date your service is restored (e.g., if your service is restored on February 15th, your monthly payment date will be reset to March 14th).
Even though it is ideal to make frequent on-time payments each and every month, payments do not have to be consecutive. If you miss a payment you don't have to start out over. The on-time payments produced to the account will nonetheless be attainable as nicely as any savings milestone achieved.
- three.two-inch touchscreen display (480 x 320 pixels)
- Onscreen keyboard
- Bluetooth connectivity (version __) contains communication headset, hands-free vehicle kits, and A2DP audio streaming Bluetooth profiles.
- Memory expansion by way of microSD card slot with support for optional cards up to 32 GB.
- 2 GB included microSD card
- two-megapixel camera with 3x digital zoom
- Video capture capabilities
- Multimedia player compatible with MP3 and AAC music formats, and MPEG4 and H.263 video formats
- Access to Facebook and Twitter
- Complete messaging capabilities which includes SMS text, MMS picture/video and IM instant messaging
- Net browser with Google search and assistance for Adobe Flash 10.1
- Personal and corporate e-mail access with support for Exchange ActiveSync accounts.
- 3.5mm headphone jack
- Speakerphone for hands-absolutely free communication.
- Hearing Aid Capable rating M4/T4
Enhance Mobile BMSAMM820
I've been employing this phone for a few days now and right here are the pros and cons.
- Amazing flexible plans with no contract, you can switch in between plans to fit your needs on monthly basis.
- Desirable design compact size
- Fine speed, not the slowest nor the fastest, somewhere in in between (as Could 2011)
- No blowware installed, very good job Enhance Mobile
- Clear sound for phone calls decent music player
- Fixed focus low res cam (2MP) no LED. It takes OK pics in a wonderful lighting atmosphere, video excellent is unusable. My biggest problem is that it Cannot read common bar code, due to it's fixed focal lens. But it reads QR code with no any challenge.
- CDMA network, which is a somewhat outdated network method. Most of countries are applying GSM network, so it won't function outside of US even if you unlock it.
- SIM card embedded, that signifies it can only be made use of on Boost Mobile network, possibly Sprint...BTW, Increase Mobile is working with Sprint's network. You cannot transfer contacts from your SIM card telephone quickly.
- Screen resolution. It's not actually a con, but it could be if you're utilised to hi end smart phones. It is the exact same resolution as 2gen ipod touch.
- Battery, this is an problem with all smart phones.
General, I very advocate it for causal users. Check out its coverage in your area just before hand though.
Issues you would desire to decide to buy, if you program to use this phone.
- Micro SDHC, two/three of its internal RAM is occupied by OS and other people. 2GB Micro SDHC that came with the phone is not going to be sufficient for most men and women. Make sure you get the Class 6 or above version of Micro SDHC. It tends to make noticeable distinction in speed.
- Automobile charger, they are not all the same. The main difference is how substantially power the charger gives. If you get a single that supplies minimum power, then your phone will not be charging substantially even though the phone is working with GPS 3G for navigation. Motorola Vehicle Power Adapter micro-USB Rapid Rate Charger This appears to be a really good one.
- extra battery, if you're continually on the phone.
Hints for new Android phone users, particularly entry level telephone like this a single.
- Read app's permission carefully. When installing an app, it will tell you what data on your telephone it is accessing. A lot of "free of charge" apps are collecting information in the background, quite often they collect information that has nothing at all to do with its function.
This is not just a privacy concern, it also slows down the telephone and drain its battery. If you are experiencing slow response and certainly poor battery issue, then it is quite possibly since there are too quite a few apps operating in the background. These type of apps send collected info periodically by way of wifi/3G, which is a main battery drainer. Get a Process Killer app, it lets you kill apps that run in the background.
A common rule, stay away from apps that is accessing information has nothing at all to do with its function. For example, a workout app that desires to access phone's speak to list and reads telephone account info. You know it is information mining your phone for advertising objective.
Update: there is a function about for scanning bar code at book store. Google has an app called Shopper or Google Shopper. It can scan a book or CD/DVD cover from phone's camera and do a cost search, an amazing app. Amazon App retailer gives away a pay app for absolutely free everyday, sweet!
6/28/2012: Apparently Increase Mobile's ten cent/minute Spend as You Go program is not attainable to this telephone yet. But $50/month unlimited almost everything is nevertheless the ideal deal by far. Most of 4G data telephone plans from significant carriers costs around $80 + tax fees = $90/month, plus you lock in for two years. Sure, you get the most current smartphone with 4G speed for "totally free", but it is not totally free at all. Here's the math, you spend $40 significantly more per month with other carriers' plan. So $40 x 24 months = $960, this does not contain the Shrinkage discount. You have to ask your self if 4G speed most recent smartphone is worth of $1000 alot more.
Lastly, government charges tax fee when you setup automatic payment to pay Boost Mobile account (it tends to make no sense whatsoever, but government desires additional income). To keep away from that, you have to put cash in your account via reboost card every single month manually. Luckily, you can decide to purchase electronic reboost card from significant on the web store. They will e-mail you the reboost code, then you just copy and paste it to your enhance mobile account via web-site.
9/13/2012: I've been employing this telephone for a few months now, and had no major issue till a couple days ago when I installed Pandora app. All hell broke loose immediately after that, the phone froze up every couple hours. The telephone works fine following uninstalled Pandora. Other than that, the I'm fairly happy with it. Recall to maintain it lean, the more apps you add to it, the slower it gets.
I've had this telephone for a couple weeks. It is my first smartphone, so I'm no specialist and I don't anticipate a lot.
Overall I am pretty pleased. The $50 a month unlimited strategy from Enhance is a superb deal. The web speed is decent and you can view internet pages fairly effortlessly. It has an email app that makes it possible for you to collect POP e-mail, which is handy
The keyboard - This is a huge one. It is near impossible to sort on the on screen keyboard. I've ordered a stylus to sort. I have fairly nimble fingers, and each fourth letter I kind outcomes in the adjacent letter appearing. There is some sort of "swype" application that could support. If you send a lot of text messages, this in all probability is not the phone for you... or at least you need to try it.
The battery - appears like it lasts a single day or maybe 3 hours if you are working with it
No flash support
the size - it is thin and tiny, but this also indicates a tiny screen
It is android and there are lots of apps out there, or you could write your own.
You can put a 32GB card in this and use it like an mp3 player
it comes with a GPS app that has visitors - but I haven't tried it but
The screen changes orientation if you move the phone
I've now had this phone for a couple months, and am usually pleased.
They pushed an update that prettty a lot fixed the battery life problem, now the battery lasts quite significantly a 16 hour day.
They also updated the keyboard, it is a tiny much better... but nonetheless not good. I use the speech recognition feature for most of my typing.
I purchased a 32GB card, and now use this as an MP3 player.
I like the GPS app, it has site visitors, I reside in LA... enough said.
The unlimited talk/text is certainly nice.... no worrying about minutes when mom starts talking.
There are a bunch of apps I use, and I understand I should certainly not have waited so long to get a smart phone.