- Product Dimensions: 5.1 x 2.7 x 0.4 inches ; 4.8 ounces
- Shipping Weight: 12 ounces
- Shipping: Currently, item can be shipped only within the U.S. and to APO/FPO addresses. For APO/FPO shipments, please check with the manufacturer regarding warranty and support issues.
- ASIN: B005SY5AF8
- Item model number: Vibrant 4G
List Price :
You Save : $400.00 (66%)
Amazon.com Item Description
Providing a strong, premium Android smartphone encounter in a pocket-friendly style, the ultra-thin Samsung Galaxy S II 4G for T-Mobile gives you extreme multitasking skills and the smoothest game play achievable thanks to its strong dual-core 1.five GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon S3 processor. Measuring a mere 9.4mm (.37 inches) at its thinnest from front to back, the Galaxy S II effortlessly it slips in and out of your pocket even with its large 4.52-inch Super AMOLED Plus multi-touch display. It really is perfect for immersing yourself in cinema-high quality video and intense on-the-go gaming.
Appreciate super-speedy mobile broadband speeds with T-Mobile's more rapidly 4G (HSPA+ 42) network (view bigger).
Samsung Galaxy S IIAt a Glance:
- 3G/4G (HSPA+ 42) connectivity
- Android two.3 OS
- 1.5 GHz dual-core processor
- 4.52-inch Super AMOLED Plus touchscreen
- 16 GB memory + microSD expansion
- 8-MP camera + Full HD 1080p video capture
- GPS navigation
- Wireless-N Wi-Fi
- Bluetooth 3.
- Individual/corporate e-mail
The Galaxy S II will be one particular of the first smartphones to take advantage of T-Mobile's more quickly 4G (HSPA+ 42) network technologies, permitting you to browse the Web more rapidly than on the typical dwelling Net with typical download speeds approaching 8 Mbps and peak speeds about 20 Mbps.
With assistance for Near Field Communications (NFC), the Galaxy S II can read information from "intelligent" tags, or everyday objects that have NFC chips in them--from stickers and movie posters to t-shirts and even mobile payments (in the future). And you can conveniently watch films, shows, video, or view pictures on your own Tv by way of the HDMI output or wirelessly making use of built-in Samsung AllShare DLNA capabilities.
Other features include things like an 8-megapixel camera with Complete HD 1080p video capture, 16 GB internal memory, microSD memory expansion to 32 GB, Bluetooth 3. connectivity for hands-free of charge devices and stereo music streaming, DLNA wireless streaming capabilities, GPS for navigation and place-based services, access to over 200,000 apps in the Android Industry, streaming video from T-Mobile Television and downloaded movies and Television from Samsung Media Hub, and up to four hours of talk time (see full specifications below).
The Brightest, Most Colorful Screen
With an incredibly colorful four.52-inch Super AMOLED Plus display, the Galaxy S II delivers 50 percent more sub-pixels than the prior generation display for much better contrast. The display also gives unmatched outdoor viewing top quality, even in the brightest sunlight.
Super Sharp Photos and Videos Plus Video Chat
This Galaxy S II also captures sharp pictures with its 8-megapixel camera with flash, and it records videos in stunning Full HD 1080p resolution. An further 2-megapixel front-facing camera provides you the power to connect with your close friends and family face-to-face through video chat. And with Google Talk, you can video chat with all of your Google Speak contacts, no matter whether they are on a mobile phone or a computer.
Samsung's Media Hub enables you to rent or invest in films and Tv shows within seconds watch from the convenience of anyplace. With Media Hub's progressive downloading feature, you can start watching your content nearly quickly as the rest of the file downloads to the Galaxy S II. Plus, all Media Hub content material can be shared among five Media Hub-enabled devices on the same account.
Intuitive TouchWiz Interface
The Galaxy S II characteristics Samsung's TouchWiz user interface, providing superior multi-tasking and customization for an enhanced visual and intuitive smartphone encounter. Reside Panel attributes deliver instant access to weather, social updates, e-mail, news and pictures, which can all be customized on any one of the seven dwelling screens. All of the widgets can be positioned and re-sized to build unique household screens and a single-touch access to the services and apps you use the most. The Notifications Panel allows 1 touch access to a separate menu for managing Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, GPS, and Flight Mode settings.
Close to-Field Communications
An NFC Reader application lets your read and interact with near-field communication (NFC) tags. For example, you can "touch" or "swipe" an NFC tag that might possibly be embedded in a poster, sticker, or advertisement, then act on the data read from the tag. A typical use would be to read a tag at a restaurant, shop, or occasion and then rate or register by jumping to a internet web site whose URL is included in the tag information.
The Samsung Galaxy S II 4G weighs 4.77 ounces and measures five.11 x 2.71 x .37 inches. Its 1850 mAh lithium-ion battery is rated at up to 4 hours of speak time, and up to 200 hours (8+ days) of standby time. It runs on the 850/900/1800/1900 MHz GSM/GPRS/EDGE frequencies, as nicely as T-Mobile's 3G/4G network (1700/2100 MHz UMTS/HSDPA/HSPA+ 42).What's in the Box
Samsung Galaxy S II 4G handset, rechargeable battery, charger, USB cable, wired stereo headset, speedy start out guide
T-Mobile's Super-Speedy 4G Mobile Broadband Network
T-Mobile's super-rapid 4G network (HSPA+ 21) is acquiring even faster, doubling the speed with T-Mobile's lightning-speedy 4G (HSPA+ 42) network technologies. New smartphones that consist of this technologies will now be in a position to browse the Internet quicker than on the average house Web, as nicely as enjoy uninterrupted video streaming and quicker app downloads. T-Mobile's 4G (HSPA+ 42) network average download speeds approach 8 Mbps with peak speeds about 20 Mbps.
And T-Mobile's elevated network speed capabilities will benefit its prospects working with 3G and 4G (HSPA+ 21) devices for data services, as the backward compatible network pushes the limits of 3G and 4G devices to obtain maximum speed performance.
As of October, 2011, T-Mobile's 4G (HSPA+ 42) network has been rolled out to additional than 150 markets across the United States, and its 4G (HSPA+ 21) network is on the market in more than 190 important metropolitan locations across the U.S.--covering 200 million individuals across the country. Network upgrades will continue rolling out through 2012.
Android Gingerbread Operating System
The Galaxy S II runs the Android 2.3 operating program (dubbed Gingerbread)--the fastest version of Android available for smartphones yet. It functions a cleaner, a great deal more refined interface with new icons, improved leading notification bar, and alot more intuitive navigation.
Multitasking in Gingerbread allows you the capability to run extra than one app at a time. If you're playing a game, you can quickly switch to an incoming e-mail and then switch back to the game with out losing your location. And like the earlier version of Android ("Froyo"), Gingerbread provides support for Adobe Flash Player ten.1 for access to the full Internet.
The onscreen keyboard tends to make it easier to type thanks to further spacing among the keys and bigger font sizes. And the far more you use the keyboard, the simpler typing will be as the enhanced suggest feature records previous input history to make better suggestions.
The Galaxy S II also brings a single-touch access to the well-liked Google mobile services you use every day. It also delivers very easy access to both individual and corporate e-mail, calendars, and contacts supported by Exchange Server and Gmail. And by way of Android Market, you'll get access to thousands of helpful applications, widgets, and enjoyable games to download and install on your phone, with a lot of significantly more apps becoming added every single day.
- Android Marketplace for browsing and downloading thousands of free and paid apps
- Pre-loaded Android apps: Browser, Calculator, Calendar (Google or Corporate), Camera, Clock, Contacts, E-mail, Gallery, Messaging, Music, News Weather, Phone, Settings, Video Player, Voice Dialer, Voice Search, YouTube
- Google applications: Gmail, Google Search, Google Voice Search, Google Latitude, Google Maps, Google Places, Google Talk
- Google Maps Navigation with spoken turn-by-turn directions showing genuine-time traffic and 360° views of the destination
- Blazing speedy 4G speeds on T-Mobile's HSPA+ network for up to 3 occasions more quickly than regular 3G networks, when allowing simultaneous voice and data capabilities (compatible with 3G networks where 4G is unavailable).
- Wireless-N Wi-Fi networking (802.11b/g/n) for accessing property and corporate networks as well as hotspots whilst on the go.
- Subsequent-generation Bluetooth three. connectivity backward compatible with older Bluetooth-enabled peripherals and includes stereo audio streaming.
- Onboard GPS for navigation (employing pre-loaded Google Maps) and location services
- Near Field Communication (NFC)
- Samsung Media Hub puts thousands of hit movies and next-day Television shows at your fingertips
- Samsung Social Hub allows you to transfer e-mail, instant messaging, contacts, calendar, and social network connections--such as Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn accounts--into Feeds and Messages folders that can be either put into separate tabs or combined into complete lists.
- Kies Air for wireless syncing
- Complete messaging capabilities like SMS text, MMS picture/video and IM instant messaging
- Full HTML browser (Webkit 5) with Flash ten.1 Assistance
- Personal and corporate e-mail access with assistance for Exchange ActiveSync as nicely as private e-mail accounts (Google push, Yahoo!, POP3, IMAP).
- 1.5 GHz dual-core processor (Qualcomm Snapdragon S3) speeds up everything--from playing games to watching shows to opening files from work.
- four.52-inch Super AMOLED Plus multi-touch display (480 x 800 pixels, 16 million color depth)
- HDMI port for video output to your HDTV or monitor (adapter and cable not included).
- MicroUSB port
- Sensors: accelerometer, 6-axis gyroscope.
- 8-megapixel auto-focus camera with LED flash, smile detection, geo-tagging, zero shutter lag, and multiple scene modes.
- Full HD 1080p video capture
- 2-megapixel forward-facing camera for video chats and self portraits.
- Music player compatible with MP3, WMA, AAC, FLAC, OGG, and WAV
- Video player compatible with MP4, M4V, AVI, WMV, and 3GP.
- Samsung AllShare DLNA capabilities let you to stream films, music, and photos from your smartphone to a compatible HDTV.
- 16 GB internal memory
- Memory expansion via microSD card slot with assistance for optional cards up to 32 GB.
- 1 GB of RAM
- 3.5mm headphone jack
- Hands-zero cost speakerphone
Also Out there for This Android Device
Amazon Appstore for AndroidGet a awesome paid app for cost-free just about every day.
KindleBuy a book as soon as and read it everywhere with our absolutely free Kindle Reading App for Android.
Amazon MP3Shop 15 million songs and stream your Cloud Drive music directly from your Android device.
IMDBFind local movie showtimes and Television listings, watch trailers, and search the world's largest source of entertainment info.
AudibleDownload audiobooks directly to your Android device, then listen wherever you go, get audiobook news, earn badges, and more.
Amazon MobileShop for millions of goods, get item particulars, and read critiques--perfect from your mobile device.
Samsung Galaxy STM II takes complete benefit of 4G speed. Couple the dual core processing power with 4G speeds and the result is jaw-dropping. Downloading movies and multitasking amongst apps on four.52" Super AMOLEDTM Plus Screen is faster than ever!
I was a small apprehensive when I picked this telephone up, realizing that the Galaxy Nexus would be announced and coming out soon, but I am certainly pleased I went with the GS2. The phone feels impressive to hold, it is really light, and the display is outstanding. I do not get into the iPhone/Android wars, but lastly I have a phone that doesn't get written off as junk by my pals as soon as they've taken a look at the phone and played about with it.
- Quite light, but feels solidly built
- Awesome screen
- Incredibly rapidly web browsing efficiency
- Very good battery life (I turn off information when on WiFi and at the end of the operate day I nevertheless have about 75% battery left)
- Does not really feel bulky in my pocket
- Call quality is superior
- Camera is amazing and has a especially quick shutter
- Massive screen tends to make typing Significantly less difficult with the software keyboard
- T-Mobile installs tons of additional apps that are junk (I use LaucherPro and hide them)
- No word however on if/when it will get Ice Cream Sandwich update
- There is an LED on the front, but can't see how to allow it for notifications
Overall it really is a wonderful phone and I am confident I'll be happy with it for the subsequent year or two. I was weary of giving up a physical keyboard, but having a big screen truly tends to make typing very easy.
I was quite apprehensive about giving up my iPhone 3GS for a non iOS device. After a lot of back and forth I lastly decided that I ought to try a phone that essentially utilizes the 4g network I was paying for. The most beneficial way to describe this telephone is as a Jailbroken iPhone. It has all the great issues (memory killing, app killing, file organizing, and so on) without every having to void your warranty. The to begin with factor I would recommend is to root your phone and install a custom rom (ex. BeastMod II). The ROMS delete the horrible T-mobile bloatware, speed up every thing and extend your battery life by at least 2 fold (heavy use lasts about 2 days). The size is ideal, the gorilla glass is great!