- Product Dimensions: 4.7 x 0.5 x 7.5 inches ; 13.4 ounces
- Shipping Weight: 1.6 pounds (View shipping rates and policies)
- Shipping: This item is also available for shipping to select countries outside the U.S.
- ASIN: B00480P67K
- Item model number: Galaxy Tab
List Price :
Price : $389.99
You Save : $360.00 (48%)
Amazon.com Product Description
Appreciate a rich, brilliant viewing experience wherever you roam with the Android-powered, 3G-enabled Samsung Galaxy Tab mobile tablet for T-Mobile--a strong, entertainment device perfect for property or on the go. Weighing just 1 pound, it functions a vibrant 7-inch touchscreen display with 3D-like graphics, speedy 1 GHz processor, and the Android 2.two operating program--all in a sleek and compact form aspect.
The exceptional 7-inch screen is designed for reading books and magazines, watching films, playing games, and much more (see larger image).
With integrated Google technology, the Galaxy Tab brings a single-touch access to the widely used Google mobile services millions use every day, such as Google Search by voice, Google Maps with Street View, Gtalk, YouTube, Picasa, and contacts/calendar synchronization. And by means of Android Market, you'll get access to thousands of valuable applications, widgets and enjoyable games to download and install on your telephone, with several more apps becoming added just about every day.
Enabled for T-Mobile's high-speed 3G network, the Galaxy Tab presents fast information delivery and an enhanced Web-browsing expertise that lets you connect easily to social networking sites. And the 3G-enabled Galaxy Tab will benefit from the enhanced speeds of T-Mobile's upgraded HSPA+ network, which is getting rolled out nationwide to reach up to 185 million consumers by the finish of the year and presents speeds close to 4G connectivity (read far more about HSPA+ beneath).
You will be in a position to pay the way you want with prepaid and postpaid data plans from T-Mobile Pay As You Go (study far more about prepaid services beneath)
The Galaxy Tab delivers complete support for Adobe Flash Player ten.1 for accessing Flash-enabled web pages, watching video and playing games, and with built-in assistance for ultra-fast Wireless-N Wi-Fi, the Galaxy Tab's portable screen is ideal for watching the most current movies and entertainment.
It's outfitted with a rear-facing camera for photo capture and sharing as nicely as a front-facing camera for video chat working with the pre-loaded Qik voice and video app. The Galaxy Tab is also pre-loaded with the Kindle for Android app for reading your Kindle books on the go, Slacker Radio for listening to zero cost, streaming personalized radio, and the Asphalt five HD driving game (discover alot more about these apps beneath).
Created to fit in one hand, typing messages or notes is simple and hassle-free with the Galaxy Tab's virtual QWERTY keyboard with Swype technology, which permits you to input text more quickly and in a additional intuitive way with 1 continuous finger motion across the screen keyboard. Other features consist of Bluetooth 3. wireless connectivity for hands-totally free devices and stereo music streaming, microSD memory expansion, HDMI video output (via optional dock), and up to 8 hours of battery power.
Perfectly sized for your hand (see larger image).
Samsung Social Hub
Providing 1-stop shopping for all your updates, the Samsung Social Hub all your social networking services, messages, individual and small business e-mail, calendars and contacts. It is built about Messaging and Contacts, both of which initiate the sending and receiving of information and facts--irrespective of whether it is e-mail, instant messaging, social network updates or SMS messages. In addition, calendar information and facts from portal calendars, such as Google Calendar, and social networking services are displayed together in 1 calendar with two-way synchronization.
The familiar text messaging experience is enhanced with group messaging and "reply all" functionality for up to ten contacts, a threaded conversations format, a consolidated inbox, and enhanced multi-media display.
See bigger image.
- Quickly 3G connectivity through T-Mobile's HSDPA/UMTS network. (1700/2100 MHz bands, UMTS/HSDPA see a lot more about T-Mobile's 3G service beneath)
- Integrated GPS for navigation and place-based services
- 7-inch multi-touch interface (1024 x 600-pixel resolution)
- Powered by the Android operating program (version two.two) with deep integration of Google services, access to thousands of apps through the Android Industry, and assistance for Adobe Flash ten.1.
- 1 GHz Samsung Hummingbird processor speeds up almost everything--from playing games to watching shows to opening files from operate.
- Virtual keyboard
- Swype input technique makes it possible for you to input text more rapidly and less complicated by gliding your finger about the keyboard, moving from letter to letter in a single continuous motion. The Swype technology then calculates what word you're intending to kind (learn a lot more below).
- Samsung Social Hub delivers a single stop for all your updates integrates all your social networking services, messages, individual and organization e-mail, calendars and contacts.
- 3-megapixel rear-facing camera with flash captures still pictures and video that that can be edited, uploaded, and shared.
- 1.three-megapixel front-facing camera for video chat
- Multi-format media player compatible with MP3 and AAC music files plus DivX, XviD, MPEG4, H.263, and H.264 video files.
- Ultra-rapid Wireless-N Wi-Fi networking (802.11b/g/n) for accessing dwelling and corporate networks as well as hotspots though on the go.
- Subsequent-generation Bluetooth three. connectivity supplies more rapidly throughput whilst minimizing on power requirements. It really is compatible with new Bluetooth 3.-enabled devices as nicely as backward compatible with older Bluetooth-enabled peripherals such as headsets and printers. It contains profiles for communication headset, hands-cost-free car kits, and the A2DP Bluetooth profile--enabling you to wirelessly stream your music to a pair of compatible Bluetooth stereo headphones or speaker dock.
- Memory expansion via microSD card slot with support for optional cards up to 32 GB.
Important StatisticsThe Samsung Galaxy Tab weighs 13.4 ounces and measures 7.48 x 4.74 x .47 inches. Its 4000 mAh lithium-ion battery is rated at up to 7 hours of battery life. It runs on the 850/900/1800/1900 MHz GSM/GPRS/EDGE frequencies, as nicely as T-Mobile's 3G network (1700/2100 MHz).
Pre-loaded Apps on the Samsung Galaxy Tab
- Kindle for Android: Pre-installed on the Galaxy Tab, the Kindle for Android application lets you shop for hundreds of thousands of books in the Kindle Store, which includes New York Occasions Perfect Sellers and new releases from $9.99. Use Amazon's Whispersync technologies to automatically synchronize your last page read, bookmarks, annotations, and alot more across your numerous devices --- like Kindle, Kindle DX, Computer, Mac, iPad, iPhone, iPod touch, BlackBerry and Android phones.
- Slacker Radio: With millions of songs from thousands of artists, Slacker is the most beneficial way to uncover new artists and hear your favored music. Listening to Slacker is as effortless as picking one particular of more than 120 DJ-programmed genre stations or looking for your favorite artist or song. As you listen, you can tell Slacker what you like and do not like with the click of a button. Get the ultimate in music discovery whilst you listen with detailed artist biographies, in-depth album reviews and a great deal more. Upgrade to Slacker Radio Plus for unlimited skips, ad-free of charge listening, full song lyrics and a lot more for only $3.99/month. T-Mobile subscribers obtain a 20% discount off of the regular $4.99/month price tag when Slacker Radio Plus is added to your T-Mobile bill.
- Asphalt five HD (Gameloft): Get in, commence up and punch it in the fastest automobiles ever made by some of the most prestigious producers. Every little thing you've ever dreamed of doing behind the wheel is right here in amazing HD graphics that put you ideal in the driver's seat. Take a ride in over 30 of the fastest, most prestigious vehicles you've ever dreamed of, from manufacturers like Ferrari, Lamborghini, Audi and Ducati. Challenge your self to 8 unique racing events which includes Drift Contest, Cop Chase, Time Attack, Duel Mode, Last Man Standing and Escape
An option to the Android virtual keyboard, the Swype virtual keyboard enables you to input text by swiping the finger with 1 continuous finger or stylus motion across the screen keyboard. Based on testing, speed and accuracy are equal to or far better than the regular keyboard-tapping procedure. You can activate the Swype keyboard by pressing and holding in a text field, wait for popup to seem, click Input Approach, and then select Swype.
See T-Mobile's coverage map.T-Mobile Spend As You Go Prepaid Service
T-Mobile prepaid plans give you wireless access with less commitment, so you can spend as you go. With no annual contract, no credit check, and no monthly bill, prepaid plans are a simple, direct way to go mobile. There are many approaches to conveniently refill your T-Mobile Prepaid Program so that you can stay continually connected with the persons who matter most, including through the T-Mobile Web web site or employing refill cards on the market at over 90,000 places nationwide. You can pick from either a monthly postpaid program (which includes convenient Wi-Fi Hotspot access) or prepaid plans that present smaller set amounts of information usage.
200 MB (10¢/MB overage)
100 MB (7 days)
5 GB (no overage)
300 MB (30 days)
1 GB (30 days)
High-Speed Information Connectivity by way of T-Mobile's 3G Network
In addition to its quad-band GSM connectivity, this mobile device is also compatible with T-Mobile's UMTS/HSDPA 3G network, which operates on the 1700/2100 MHz AWS spectrum. This mobile device is created to automatically connect to the finest readily available network (3G or GSM/GPRS/EDGE) to deliver faster data speeds when accessing the Web.
In places exactly where the 3G network is not obtainable, you will continue to obtain service on the through T-Mobile's EDGE network (which stands for "Enhanced Information Rates for Global Evolution"). This high-speed, mobile information and World wide web access technology is quickly enough to assistance a wide range of advanced information services (with average data speeds in between 75-135Kbps), like full picture and video messaging, high-speed color World-wide-web access, and e-mail on the go.
T-Mobile's New, Expanding Super-Speedy HSPA+ Network
As of June, 2010, T-Mobile has upgraded its classic 3G network to HSPA+ in 25 important metropolitan regions across the U.S., and it plans to continue rolling out this network upgrade to over 100 metropolitan cities and up to 185 million many people by the end of 2010. HSPA+ supplies our fastest data speeds, up to 3 times more rapidly than ATT and Verizon's standard 3G networks, when allowing simultaneous voice and information capabilities for the ultimate wireless voice and information encounter.
HSPA+ enabled locations will get pleasure from 4G-like speeds, with a theoretical capability of up to 21 Mbps peak download speeds (and typical download speeds averaging in between five and 8 Mbps).
Whilst this 3G-enabled mobile device does not present HSPA+ compatibility, it can benefit from enhanced speeds when connecting to the HSPA+ network right now.
T-Mobile T849 Galaxy Tab Smartphone - Bar - Black 610214625366 CDMA Cell Phones
As a current iPad owner who also makes use of the Droid X, I need to say that immediately after spending 15 minutes with this factor I certainly really like it. The size is terrific in that its a signifcantly enhanced viewing knowledge more than the 4.3 inch Droid X screen (which is also terrific) and it is straightforward to hold with a single hand and navigate with the other - an added bonus is that it also fits in a suit coat pocket.
The Microsoft Exchange integration with email/calendar/contacts is seemless and enables for practically all of the functionality provided via a laptop. 1 of the drawbacks of the iPad is its poor integration with Outlook (couldn't delete, move emails while a single a plane operating offline - not a situation with the Tab).
The screen is gorgeous, speed is fast and the Google location services (GPS, Latitude, Maps, Spot and the list goes on and on) are excellent.
I would very recommend this item.
Update - following 1 week of ownership, I really like it even much more. As a person who travels (4 cities more than last five days), I am taking into consideration leaving my notebook home on business enterprise travel with future trips. The positive aspects of the form element cannot be overstated - it fits in my jeans pocket when out casually and in my suit jacket throughout enterprise. It also smartly switches from WiFi to 3G when a WiFi network is not within reach and vice versa (so that you don't unnecessarily consume information by way of your cellular carrier). I also watched a movie on my East to West coast trip - three hour and 13 minute move burned much less than half the battery time. It really is also terrific to be in a position to modify .xls documents when necessary - seamless integration with outlook / attachments.
Definitely really like this factor...
Critique update: Initially my belief was that Samsung has crippled this device, but in fact it has been done by Verizon. The Verizon net web-site explains that NONE of their mobile devices includes the ability to use a Bluetooth keyboard or mouse. Moreover, the T-Mobile model has been reported to work fine with a Bluetooth keyboard and mouse. I also briefly tested a Sprint model with a Bluetooth mouse, and it seems as even though it need to function -- there was a menu choice to connect to the mouse and use it as a HID (human input device), an option that is not even obtainable on the Verizon model. I wasn't actually able to connect to the mouse, but it is conceivable that it was a mouse incompatibility concern (it really is a Targus N2953), or my batteries were too low.
Steer clear of the Verizon model of the Galaxy Tab. And since this evaluation is under the heading of the T-Mobile model of the Tab, I am changing my rating from three stars to four stars.
I'm surprised Samsung lets Verizon do this, owing to the bad press it really is giving Samsung.
Original post follows.
It's an wonderful tiny tablet. Quick, responsive, light, vibrant screen, and all the Android apps I've attempted run very well on it. It even works as a WiFi-to-3G hotspot out of the box. This tablet is impressive. Too bad it really is been deliberately crippled by Samsung [edit: it was Verizon, not Samsung].
The problem is Bluetooth, which on the Galaxy Tab is usable ONLY for file transfers (the supplied USB cable is implemented for the exact same thing). The capacity to use the Tab with Bluetooth HIDs (human input devices) has been DISABLED. Google put it into Android, and Samsung [edit: no, Verizon] took it out. That implies you can't use wireless keyboards or mice with it. This tablet has the capacity to replace a Computer if only it could use a keyboard and a mouse (but then that's in all probability why Samsung [Verizon] has disabled it: politics, lawsuits, myopia, inbreeding, whatever). I have also attempted 3rd party Bluetooth drivers, but they do not operate. Not yet, anyway.
Bluetooth headsets are also reported not to perform, but what is the point? Samsung [edit: could possibly truly be Samsung] has also disabled the Tab's telephone capability.
European users do not have these restrictions placed on them by Samsung [edit: by whomever]: their units work nicely with keyboards and mice, and as phones. Check YouTube for some videos of this.
From the technologizer net web site:
"Will the Galaxy Tab support Bluetooth HID? Will it assistance Bluetooth headsets or keyboards?
No, and no, said Kim Titus, a Samsung representative. Looks like Samsung's keyboard dock accessory is your only selection."
[edit: T-Mobile Sprint users should be able to use Bluetooth HID with no situation.]
My suggestions? Should really BT HID stay unattainable (I'll report back if I can find a way to fix it), resist the burning temptation to get this fabulous and quite usable but highly costly tablet, and wait a few months for the 7" tablet competition to ramp up [OR get the T-Mobile or Sprint model] -- there are many on the horizon. Attributes on other tablets will enhance in number, and costs will drop. Apple will release the iPad two in 2011, which will undoubtedly have a camera and other good functions you have been waiting for (the iPad already supports the Apple BT keyboard, but no mouse). Samsung will ultimately cave in and present BT HID support in a software program update for the Galaxy Tab, but it will be too late. Prospective users will have taken their cash elsewhere.