- Product Dimensions: 4.8 x 0.4 x 2.5 inches ; 4.2 ounces
- Shipping Weight: 14.6 ounces (View shipping rates and policies)
- Shipping: Currently, item can be shipped only within the U.S. and to APO/FPO addresses. For APO/FPO shipments, please check with the manufacturer regarding warranty and support issues.
- ASIN: B003U2T57E
- Item model number: I9000EUBK
Price : $389.99
You Save : $610.00 (61%)
The Samsung i9000 Galaxy S is packed with so significantly stuff, you will generally uncover some thing new to play with. Wise Alarm: GALAXY S knows how refreshing a natural wake up is compared to the sudden, overbearing, onslaught of noise from a radio station, Television, or other alarm device, with its gradual volume-increasing alarm, gently awaking you from a satisfying sleep, and giving you a natural transition to your morning. Every day Briefing: Prior to your day begins, GALAXY S's Daily Brief delivers precisely what matters to you, proper to your phone's household screen-today's best headlines, stock info, weather forecast-Every day Briefing widget even displays your schedule and calendar, producing confident you're conscious of what your day holds in shop with no having to boot your computer system, wait by way of Television commercials, or scour via a messy newspaper. Integrated Calendar: With GALAXY S and its Integrated Calendar, your schedules, agendas, calendars, to-do lists, regardless of their sources, are auto-synced, and organized into a single, color-coded, neat-and-tidy application
After making use of this phone for a week, I've fallen in love with it.
- Interface is especially snappy.
- The screen is unbelievable. Rather vibrant and the colours are outstanding, and just the ideal size.
- The AllShare app for playing content material from a UPnP server is good. At property, I can store my whole collection of music and videos and play whichever I want.
That stated, there are a few concerns I encountered:
- Interface, in spite of its speed, occasionally freezes. I was worried when this occurred an hour right after I started using it, but it really is only occurred a couple of instances given that then. Often lasts no a great deal more than ten seconds.
- No flash for the camera. I'm given to fully grasp that an LED flash is frequent on smartphone cameras these days, so low-light photographs are not as very good as they can be.
- Camera once again: no devoted button, so taking images is a bit awkward. Certainly turn on the anti-shake feature.
- AllShare is a tiny finicky occasionally about detecting media servers. Moreover, the player is a tiny deficient next to the standard Android video player (it stretches videos to conform to the screen's aspect ratio, and I haven't found a way to return the video to its native aspect ratio).
- Battery runs out fairly promptly if your browsing the world-wide-web or watching videos all day. Haven't had a chance to test it on pure standby however, but you are not likely to go a whole day if you are employing the "smart" component of the smartphone.
Even though I listed alot more challenges than positives, the telephone is quite really good and I would suggest it to anyone. All the other elements of the phone are frequent to other Android sets and must be nicely known to Android lovers. The Samsung additions to the UI such as Each day Briefing (weather, stocks and news in a widget) and the seven homescreens are nice touches, but not especially a deal breaker, and I haven't tried any of the other Samsung apps.
An extra note: this phone is seriously, certainly light and thin. When some other evaluations have believed it too "plasticy", I absolutely appreciate the develop. I can use it all day.
The input process, Swype is also on by default, but you can get this on other Android phones. Pretty good, although, and a good thought from Samsung. Check out some videos on Youtube of it, but I also have to say that it's tough to say how good this function is with out working with it yourself.
Some other facts: this version is the 8GB internal memory model. For Americans and nations applying related power sockets, because this is the international version the charger it comes with is the Europlug style. You will need to get either a converter or your personal plug with a micro-USB connector.
Samsung Galaxy S (as Samsung Vibrant for T-Mobile)
I have been applying Smartphones considering that a lengthy time and my last device for HTC HD2 was a excellent `first impression' telephone but the fascination died in couple of months. Extra on that in my HD2 review. Due to the fact that knowledge I was hesitant to obtain a similar device with Android OS but so far this device has almost everything I want and hasn't disappointed me when.
Display: The screen is amazingly clear and crisp. The included movie Avatar does a very good job showing off the phone and the screen. No hesitation or flickering or pixilation whatsoever.
Rapid and especially responsive interface. The device boots up in 30+ seconds but when it really is completely up and running (in 60+ seconds) following beginning services like media scanner, it is speedy in every little thing you do. Never ever experienced any lag.
The default buttons on the device bottom (Menu, Home, Back/Return, and Search) are highly beneficial. Specially in the case exactly where you click on a link from and e mail and it opens in the browser, you can constantly click on the back button to go to the e-mail. This is very useful for somebody who is utilized to Windows devices where its tricky to go back to E mail app when you open one other app. The Back button operates on the device across apps. Pretty cool.
When you are using the phone at night it may be tricky to come across those four buttons at the bottom when the back light turns off, but you get put to use to it and slowly figure out where the buttons will be. Nothing key.
Photos are highly clear and crisp. Even when compared to HD2 in low light, these come out so considerably superior.
Battery is slightly better than HD2 but pretty much at par when using 3G data or videos. It would need to have every day charging is you use fantastic amount of 3G.
Android marketplace is a plus when compared with Windows Mobile 6.5 devices. But Windows Phone 7 is supposed to change that.
It comes with two back situations, not positive why. But would have preferred a leather or rubber case like HD2.
The T-Mobile version also comes with 16GB installed and 2GB card. The MicroUSB <- USB cable comes with USB adapter charger so you carry only one cable.
Some concerns or good to have capabilities:
Front camera for video calling would be good.
No Flash light for the camera. So no flash light app as in HD2.
It comes with many apps which are either just a link or need you to register or will get you to sign-up for a subscription. So be cautious about what you sign up for due to the fact some of these will give you a month free of charge and then unless you call them, they'll keep charging.
-- After couple of weeks of usage --
Its nevertheless a terrific device so far. Few things worth mentioning:
Definitely could use a front facing camera for video calling. The non-US version has 1 but it was removed for ATT and TMobile in US.
The camera good quality is astounding. Even the various built-in affects like action-shoot, panoramic shots are a superb addition exactly where you can shoot a 270 degree photos and it stitches them all together. I lets you take 8 pictures whilst guiding you how to move and then creates a excellent panoramic picture. Impressive.
Battery life seems a lot far better than that of HTC HD2
The GPS is flaky. The applications like 4 Square don't connect to it well unless you open the Google Navigation to begin with to connect with GPS and then open other apps that use it. Samsung is supposed to come out with an updated computer software in Sept to fix it. But not a deal breaker.
Still a great snappy interface.
Android marketplace has some terrific free of charge apps, but nonetheless not as very good as Apple. I am confident that will alter overtime as android marketplace is 'free' as compared to Apple exactly where they take a cut.
General, I'll nonetheless suggest it.